Monday, July 07, 2014

Photographers Conundrum

By Jesús Manuel Mena Garza

Like Henry David Thoreau, I long to abandon waste and illusion in order to discover life's true essential needs. A pastoral realm that integrates both nature and culture.

Lately, I have imagined a simpler life. Then I acknowledge I am a photographer. Photography requires acquiring and mastering certain technologies. Not so simple.

Today, I exist on the margins. A place where nature has been stripped and replaced by a layer of human infrastructure. Still I imagine leaving this artifice behind and assimilating back into the natural realm.


Copyright 2014 Jesús Manuel Mena Garza. All rights reserved.

No comments:

My Wife Had A Book Signing In San Antonio

  My wife Ann Marie Leimer had a book signing and lecture in San Antonio this past weekend. We had an opportunity to see friends and also go...