Friday, January 27, 2017

Photos of Oaxaca, Alebrijes and More



If you have the time or the inclination please check out my photographs of Oaxaca Mexico in a UHD … 4k YouTube video. In 2005, I captured the original pix using a Nikon D70s … a 6-megapixel camera. Today, I use a 36-megapixel camera. Yes, in photography bigger sensors are typically better.

I haven't gone to Europe, Africa, Asia or even Hawaii, but I have traveled a bit. Primarily throughout the American Southwest and Mexico. I have enjoyed the amazing diversity and photography opportunities this region has to offer. 

In Oaxaca, I photographed the communities, artists and workshops. Along with photographs of Oaxaca, I have several images of Mexican artists creating wood sculptures called Alebrijes. These fantastical and colorful creatures are popular in Mexico City and Oaxaca. My photographs explore the artistic transformation from roughly hewn pieces of wood, to sculpting fine details to painstakingly adding colorful lines, dots and textures. 

If you like my YouTube video ... don't forget to like, subscribe and share my video. Support my photography and video efforts by visiting my Patreon page. Your professional comments and questions are always appreciated. 


Thanks!

Si se puede! Hablo español.

No comments:

My Wife Had A Book Signing In San Antonio

  My wife Ann Marie Leimer had a book signing and lecture in San Antonio this past weekend. We had an opportunity to see friends and also go...