Thursday, July 08, 2010

Photographs: Spring 2010





I have had the opportunity to lecture, present and travel this Spring. Here is an eclectic mix of photos from the first half of 2010. Please feel free to send me your comments and questions.

The first photo is of my wife Annie in Ensenada. Yes, it was cool near the beach.

In the second photo are Ben Cadena and Ed Robledo. This dynamic duo and others performed at the recent National Association of Latino Arts conference in San Jose.

The third photo was taken at a coffee shop across from the University of California at Berkeley. Here my wife Professor Ann Marie Leimer and our good friend Professor David Montejano talk about my upcoming lecture at the university.

It has been exciting first half of the year. I also lectured at the San Bernardino County Museum and my wife and I presented my work at San Jose State University.

The most interesting and different challenge I have taken this year was a solo motorcycle trip. A couple weeks back I rode the motorbike for five hours through the desert. Yes, it was “muy caliente” ... 100 plus degrees. I visited places like San Bernardino, Apple Valley, Joshua Tree and of course Palm Springs.

Other trips, lectures and exhibitions are planned. Such is the life of a greñudo Chicano lefty artist.

-30-

No comments:

My Wife Had A Book Signing In San Antonio

  My wife Ann Marie Leimer had a book signing and lecture in San Antonio this past weekend. We had an opportunity to see friends and also go...